Book Review - Twisted Love

 


Twisted Love by Ana Huang


WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD


Rating -  4 stars


I absolutely loved this book. It is so well written and had a huge twist that I did not expect. I love Ava's character and personality. She seems so sweet, but also so badass. Alex is great, but he mad me very mad at times. He was amazing to Ava and went above and beyond for her. But, the way he basically "owned" her was a little scary. (kind of hot though lol)


I truthfully did not expect Ava's dad to be the person who tried to kill her. That was a complete twist. I was so angry at him that he would do that to her just because she wasn't his biological child. I love how Alex handled the situation though, and how Josh got to get a few punches in for his sister. Karma at its finest. 


I loved Bridget's character as well. I thought it was so cool how Ava's best friend is a princess. I can't wait to read Twisted Games, which has Bridget as the main character. I think I'm going to love it so much more than Twisted Love. 


Alex made me so angry towards the end when he made Ava believe that he was just using her and Josh to get to her dad. I would never get over the heartbreak from that if I was in her position. However, I can understand why he did it. He just wanted to protect her, and it was nice that he was selfless enough to let her go so she wouldn't get her. But, when he showed up in London 6 months later, that's where I started to get creeped out by him. Ava clearly wanted nothing to do with Alex, yet he insisted on being around her 24/7, and even had her followed for "protection". Yes, that's just how Alex is, but I would be so freaked out. He basically became her personal stalker until she finally gave in to him. I do think Alex and Ava are good together, but the way he basically forced her to be with him was a little psycho. 


Overall, this book was a 4 out of 5 stars for me. I loved the streamy romance and the murder mystery of it all, but like I said, the way Alex acted sometimes freaked me out a bit. I highly recommend this book and I can't wait to read the next book of the series. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review - If He Had Been With Me

Book Review - Twisted Lies